Top 10 Best Orange Juicer Reviews- Ultimate Buying Guide
A hearty, fresh glass of orange juice can jumpstart your day with unrivaled success. Your mornings will be utterly rejuvenating if you have this zesty drink on your side!
Fresh orange juice is unquestionably healthier than store-bought variants. It is exciting to know that you can have it at your fingertips- with an orange juicer.
Are you looking for the best orange juicer? It can be rather challenging to pick out a high-quality orange juicer when there is a wide assortment available in the market.
This guide is here to help- with reviews of the top ten options and a comprehensive buying reference.
Read on to find out more and bring home your new orange juicer as soon as possible!
The Benefits of Owning an Orange Juicer
- Before you delve deep into this ultimate guide, it is essential to understand that having an orange juicer comes with a myriad of benefits.
- A general juicer can provide fine orange juice to you, but a citrus juicer is superior. You will not need to engage in much preparation before juicing oranges. You will also be able to make the best of your fruits by extracting the maximum possible quantity!
- Since you are seeking the best orange juicer, you must already be aware of the several health benefits of fresh orange juice. Even so, did you know that it also evokes positive emotions in people who consume it? A glass of orange juice can go a long way in tilting your mindset towards a positive direction!
- If you have your orange juicer at home, you can avail of all the benefits that orange juice has to offer. The best orange juicer employs top-notch technology to liquify citrus fruits by separating the fiber, skin, and seeds.
- Citrus juicers do not need you to remove the peel of the oranges. Despite this, it is always a better option to peel the oranges since the skin may not suit you if you consume its essence. They are incredibly convenient to use.
Further Benefits of Owning an Orange Juicer
- The operation of an orange juicer results in a fine production of mouth-watering orange juice. All the juicers in this guide come with well-tested and approved parts- so you can be sure of their performance.
- Fresh orange juice always tastes different than any type you could buy from a store. With an orange juicer, you can also exercise full freedom regarding the consistency and pulp content.
- Canned or boxed orange juice is full of sugars, preservatives, and artificial flavoring. The chemical and added content in these orange juices is high enough to eventually present threats to your health.
- Regularly consuming the preservatives in store-bought orange juices can cause heart diseases, breathing issues like asthma, and even cancer. When you juice oranges at home and enjoy the fresh produce, you skip all disadvantages or risks.
- The best orange juicer will ensure that you drink only the most authentic, healthy, and nutrient-loaded juice!
The Benefits of Drinking Fresh Orange Juice: A Reiteration
- The true advantage of owning an orange juicer lies in the vast benefits that fresh orange juice has. Perhaps the most appealing aspect of drinking orange juice is that it has zero calories. Even so, it is a filling drink to have and packs an excellent quantity of nutrition.
- Orange juice that you obtain from the best orange juicer at home contains a surplus of antioxidants. It is an impressive boost to your immune system due to the high content of Vitamin C in it.
- In addition to this, orange juice has pleasant effects on your skin. People who drink fresh orange juice regularly often have healthy, glowing skin.
- Oranges are famous for the anti-inflammatory properties in them. If you or someone in your family suffers from arthritis or any other bone and muscle condition, orange juice is an undeniably soothing drink. Besides this, your risk of developing kidney stones will also stay at bay if you incorporate freshly extracted orange juice into your daily diet.
The Ultimate Guide to Buying the Best Orange Juicer
When you step out to buy a new device that will be a part of your daily life, you need to be extra careful. An orange juicer is a crucial machine that will play a role in your health and diet for days to come. With such a device, you must ensure that you buy only the best.
As you may already have seen, there are tonnes of orange juicer options available in the market today. All of them come with impressive features- but some are a cut above. You must be able to identify which orange juicer models fall into this category. To do so, you should look out for specific characteristics in the orange juicer you consider to buy.
Here are some features to keep in mind when looking for the best orange juicer:
Types of Juicers
You will be able to find different types of orange juicers in the market. Each of these types is fit for a varying purpose.
There are three main types of juicers you can choose to buy- manual, electric, and automatic. You must buy the juicer which will meet your needs in the best possible way.
Here is a summary of each type of juicer for making refreshing as well as healthy orange juice.
Manual Orange Juicers
A manual orange juicer comes with “clamps,” where you need to place your orange between the clamps and extract the juice from the fruit. It functions via handles that you must squeeze and operate manually.
Such juicers are generally made of stainless steel. They are also effortless when it comes to cleaning. Manual juicers are perfect for you if you want to have full control of the amount of juice you obtain.
You can squeeze an orange clean with a manual orange juicer, and it has more output as opposed to the other types. Some manual orange juicers also come with admirable features such as dual-gear mechanisms. It makes sure that you can enjoy every last drop of juice from an orange.
Electric Orange Juicers
Electric orange juicers function without requiring any manual effort. An electric orange juicer will typically sport a chute within which you must put an orange to obtain the juice. At most will only have to push the fruit further down the chute as the juicer does its work.
Electric juicers have strong motors that are ideal for you if you are usually on the go. It is less time consuming to get your orange juice using an electric juicer.
Automatic orange juicers are perhaps within a class of their own. A commercial automatic orange juicer will allow you to juice almost twenty oranges in one installment! You can acquire loads of orange juice in only a couple of minutes.
Generally, you will find the best automatic orange juicer at stores or other commercial places. These juicers are large and bulky so keep in mind that you should buy an automatic orange juicer only if you need large quantities.
Size of Machine
Orange juicers come in different sizes. It is crucial to take the overall size of a juicer into account. You must choose a model that will prove to be the best orange juicer for the space available in your kitchen or home.
Manual juicers are smaller than electric juicers, so you could buy a manual juicer if you have a small kitchen. If you live by yourself, owning a large juicer will only be exhausting when it is time to clean!
Size of the Feed Chute
If you want to buy an electric juicer, you must evaluate the size of the feed chute. It will dictate how finely you will need to cut your oranges when you want to obtain the juice.
If you do not wish to devote time to cut small, thin slices, go for a juicer with a large chute. Orange juicers with larger chutes do not involve the extra work of cutting your oranges. It is why you will find them to be more convenient.
An ideal feed chute size for an electric juicer is 3 inches- it is large enough to accommodate your oranges. You can find juicers with even larger chutes, extending almost to 4 or 5 inches. With a large feed chute, you can toss in some chunks of oranges, and your juicer will be ready in no time!
You cannot overlook the power of a machine, such as an orange juicer. The power of a juicer influences its finesse. The best orange juicer will function impressively with high power. People measure power in terms of RPM, or Rotations Per Minute.
You must consider an orange juicer with a high RPM for desirable performance. The ideal range for the power of orange juicers is from 12,000 RPM to 18,000 RPM. Keep in mind that the higher the RPM, the more control you will have over the pulp.
You can also judge the power of a juicer through watts. It is a more common dimension to use when reviewing the power. For best results, look for a juicer with at least a power of 800 watts.
Try not to confuse the size of an orange juicer with its power. If a juicer is large, it does not always mean that it will also be incredibly powerful. It is not uncommon for small orange juicers to yield impressive results due to a powerful motor.
The process of juicing oranges included a lot of pressure. This kind of pressure can render an orange juicer obsolete quite soon if it is not sturdy. You must assure yourself of the durability of the model you are considering.
The best orange juicer will most likely have a heavy, stainless steel construction. A rubber base is a good feature to include as well- no matter which type of juicer you are looking for. It will provide a good grip on the counter and minimize the risk of your juicer toppling or falling over.
In addition to this, the juicer must also have good resistance to deterioration. It must sport a body and an arsenal of removable parts suitable for conditions with lots of moisture and cleaning.
The motor’s quality is an aspect you should review when judging the durability of an orange juicer. The best orange juicer models may have powerful, brushless induction motors or something similar.
If you want to buy an automatic orange juicer for commercial purposes, you need to pay even more attention to its durability. The orange juicer’s motor should be strong and well-constructed enough to withstand high pressure and speeds without overheating.
There is no doubt about the fact that juicing oranges is a messy affair! You must choose an orange juicer you can clean easily. Stainless steel is easier to tidy up as compared to plastic. Many stainless steel orange juicer models are dishwasher-friendly too.
You can also use a plastic juicer, but remember- it is likely to stain over time. Whatever type of juicer you buy, make sure you check that the controls are resistant to liquids.
The easiest way to clean a juicer is to wipe it, and your juicer should be safe against this. You may even come across certain electric or automatic juicers that flaunt an automatic-cleaning feature.
Faith in the Brand
The brand from which you buy your juicer plays a massive role in determining its quality and performance. Brands that have an excellent reputation will offer better orange juicer models.
The most fool-proof way to gain confidence in a brand is to sift through reviews that customers leave on websites like Amazon. A brand that has high ratings and good reception of products will be able to serve you with the best orange juicer.
Sometimes, lesser-known brands may turn out to have impressive products. If you feel that this could be the case with a prospective orange juicer, you should pay a visit to that brand’s official store.
While it is not always true that products with a higher price guarantee higher quality, it is often the case. When you are deep in your search for the best orange juicer, make sure you compare the prices of models.
A lot of the high-end models will come at a greater price but will have impressive features and performance. You need to compare prices and models. It is because sometimes you may find the same features and quality in a more affordable brand and model.
Remember to always take the reviews, features, and characteristics of an orange juicer into account. It will help you when you need to decide whether or not it offers full value for its price.
Does an Orange Juicer Give You the Option to Retain or Eliminate the Pulp?
One of the greatest advantages of having your very own orange juicer is the freedom that comes with it. You have full control over whether or not you wish to retain the pulp in your juice. You can also decide on the amount of pulp you want.
Many people prefer to remove the pulp from their fresh orange juice, but you have the option of retaining it as well. The pulp present in orange juice is an excellent source of fiber, which helps in the maintenance of your digestive system. It also lowers the risk of developing conditions of the heart.
Some advanced orange juicer models may offer you the option of either retaining it, removing the pulp. However, the amount of pulp in your juice depends on the orange juicer’s type and brand.
Typically, centrifugal juicers that function at high speeds tend to retain slight amounts of pulp. Despite this, most of it separates into the container for the pulp.
If you would like to have lots of pulp in your orange juice, you may want to consider using a blender instead of an orange juicer. An alternative solution is to take the pulp that your orange juicer separates and stir it into your glass by yourself. The quality and degree of nutrition will remain unchanged.
How Much Juice Can You Obtain from One Orange?
You may have decided upon the best orange juicer, but have you wondered what it will take for you to obtain the juice you need? If yes, then read on for the answer.
A single orange usually contains about 4 or 5 tablespoons of juice. You can equate this quantity to approximately 1/3rd or 1/4th of a cup to understand it better.
With this in consideration, you will require at least three or four full oranges to extract a cup of fresh juice. These oranges should be medium in size for this result.
If you want to produce one liter of orange juice, you will need at least 15 oranges. Do not forget that the size of the oranges also influences the number you will need to obtain the quantity you desire.
Top 10 Best Orange Juicer Reviews
It is important to be aware of all aspects of an orange juicer before buying it. You must look at its positive as well as negative characteristics. With these well-rounded reviews, you will be able to make an informed selection.
Here are the top 10 picks for the best orange juicer models. Take a look at these reviews so that you may make a wise decision!
Black+Decker is the pioneer of home appliances and known for its premium range all over the world. This list would be incomplete without a juicer from this brand.
This juicer has a capacity of 34oz and is one of the best citrus juicers in the market. The brand is offering a large container designed with a handle and drip-free spout for pouring.
The measurements on the container are readable. The auto-reversing juicing cones ensure that you get the maximum output from the fruits. What’s more? If you like a pulpy beverage, you can adjust that with the pulp basket.
This juicer has an easy-to-clean structure. A few parts of this juicer are detachable so that no pulp or juice remains on the parts. The detachable parts are safe dishwasher safe.
The main concern lies with its power efficiency. With an energy capacity of just 30 watts, this is an average functioning appliance. Most of its parts are made of plastic, and so is the pulp basket. The pulp basket could’ve been a little less porous.
- It is dishwasher-safe
- The container has easy-to-read measurements
- It has a 34-ounce capacity
- The parts are detachable
- Built with auto-reversing juicing cones
- It has adjustable pulp control on the pulp basket.
- You can use the container as a pitcher.
- It has a weak and low capacity motor.
- The pulp basket is too porous.
Most people are unaware of the benefits of a manual juicer. Let’s not go into the difference between an electric and manual one right away.
This Hamilton juicer can exert up to 2,000 pounds of force, which allows it to extract the maximum liquid. This Hamilton juicer will make an excellent countertop piece for your kitchen.
It is great for both personal and commercial use. The acid-resist finishing of this juicer makes it last longer. You are going to appreciate the 5.5-inch clearance level that can accommodate tall glasses as well.
The juicer is crafted with top-notch materials. It has a stainless steel funnel and strainer cone and an aluminum pressing cup.
You can remove the funnel, strainer cone, and juice cup to clean them nicely. If you are running on a budget, this is not the best option for you. Moreover, the aluminum has oxidizing properties, and that is not good for the juice. Though this juicer can easily handle oranges, it cannot fit other citrus fruits like grapefruit.
- It can accommodate tall glasses
- The stainless steel cone and funnel are of good quality.
- It has an acid-resistant finish.
- It can exert tremendous pressure.
- The juicer is ideal for both personal and commercial use.
- It’s expensive
- It cannot juice all citrus fruits.
- Aluminum is used to make the pressing cup.
The Secura electric juicer is known for its slow masticating features. The design and build of the Secura juicer are unique. The juicer is equipped with dual juicer cones for various kinds of citrus fruits. One of the juicer cones is for limes and lemons, while the other is for oranges and grapefruits.
It spins at a speed of 80 rpm that can preserve the vitamins, nutrients, enzymes, and minerals of the fruit. You will get a bonus brush along with the juicer to aid easy cleaning. On top of all that, it has clean-all detachable parts that are safe for the dishwasher.
The machine tends to overheat at times after a period of prolonged use. The juicer may not fit small kitchens. The size and shape are not ideal for lemons and limes. Though the majority of the juicer’s body is made of stainless steel, the lasting of a few plastic parts is under doubt.
- It has a drip-free design.
- There are dual juicing cones.
- The cones are easy to store.
- It preserves the nutritional value.
- It has a better yield than centrifugal juicers.
- The appliance cannot fit in all kitchens.
- The plastic parts are questionable.
- The small cones are elongated.
- The machine tends to overhead.
The Luukmonde juicer is another option on our best orange juicer list and, has an overwhelming capacity of 1.2 liters. It is great for families or people who receive a lot of guests. This stainless-steel orange juicer is equipped with two cones.
The pitcher is going to grab some attention, but that’s not all. It has a detachable filter that allows you to control the amount of pulp. Has your juicer slipped or shifted while you’re in the middle of juicing?
The manufacturer has created a non-slip foot to keep the shifting in check. The simple structure and several detachable parts support easy cleaning.
You can expect the motor to take the backseat here – it’s noisy and not so great. It will heat and shut down when you try to juice for long. The strainer is unable to filter the seeds from the juice.
If you are not the pulp juicer-lover kind, you’re going to hate the strainer. The cones are not durable like the rest of the body. You will need a great deal of strength to hold down the handle to extract the juice.
- You can clean it easily
- The filter is removable for adjusting the pulp amount.
- It can make large batches of juice at once.
- The juicer features a non-slip foot.
- The quality of the cone is poor.
- The motor is noisy and unreliable.
- It takes extra effort to extract the juice.
- The pulp strainer is inefficient.
- The motor lacks power.
This is one of the most efficient yet price effective options available in the market. This juicer is a popular choice for extracting orange juice in many households.
Its strong 160-watt motor will prepare a glass of orange juice in no time. You just need to plug and push for getting this thing started. You can operate the machine with a single touch button.
The features are undeniably great, and so is the quality. The handle, filter, and locking spout are made with stainless steel.
The parts are detachable and dishwasher safe, so don’t worry about the cleaning part. The juicer’s bottom has special suction cups that keep the juicer from shaking or moving too much.
You should know that this juicer is not built to take a lot of oranges at a time. In case the juicer overheats, you have to allow it to cool down. If you’re planning to buy it for parties or serve guests, you have to consider buying something else.
- The sizing is compact.
- It has a one-touch auto operation.
- Easy to use
- The motor is powerful.
- It has stainless steel filters.
- You can wash the detachable parts easily.
- The suction cups secure the machine at its place.
- The juicer overheats with too many oranges.
- It is not ideal for making large quantities.
Sleek-looking juicer is the top performer of 2020, and this Breville juicer is no exception. This juicer has sleek and modern looks that will suit all countertops equally.
The quadra-fin juicing cone is designed to extract the maximum juice from the fruits. You will appreciate the drip-stop juice spot that helps to have a mess-free juicing time.
The ergonomics of this juicer is a notch higher than other juicers. It is convenient to operate the handle. This powerful industrial-grade juice press has an outstanding motor performance. Breville is also providing a free 1-year warranty period along with this citrus juicer. The power-assisted lever and active arm press is a smart idea.
The one’s running on a budget will have to dodge this Breville juicer. The appliance will overheat and shut down if you try to squeeze in more oranges than it can take. The top piece of the juicer that squeezes the fruit is made of plastic.
- It is made of die-cast stainless steel.
- The appliance is user-friendly.
- It makes very little mess while pouring.
- The quadra-fin juicing cone is efficient.
- It is acid-resistant
- The plastic parts tend to be unreliable.
- It is a pocket-pinching option.
- You may experience overheating.
If you are willing to save some bucks, this ROVSUN citrus juicer is a great candidate. The juicer has satisfactory features, considering the price tag. This manual juicer is made of food-grade stainless steel and cast iron.
This machine is super easy to operate. From easy grip to effortless extraction, this one has it all. Rovsun has made smart use of gravity to make squeezing easier.
The strainer will filter the seed and pulp for you. Since most manual juicers lack the straining features, it becomes very tasking to extract the juice. A cast iron base reinforces the sturdiness and strength of this juicer.
If you are a couch potato, better fold your sleeves to get to the cleaning process. The charm of the machine comes to an end with a stressful cleaning job. Keep an extra cloth ready for your countertop. The low clearance space does not support tall glasses.
- The appliance has enhanced sturdiness.
- It is supported by gravity to offer easier extraction.
- It doesn’t give the juice a bitter rind taste.
- You can strain the seeds and pulp with the help of a strainer.
- The manufacturer has used cast iron and food-grade materials.
- The parts are not easy to clean.
- It doesn’t have enough clearance space to fit tall glasses.
- The strainer cannot stop seeds and pulp.
- It creates a mess around the countertop.
A glass of orange juice tastes better when you give more effort and time to prepare it. The Chef’n Citrus juicer ought to become the go-to kitchen tool. This orange juicer is very different from other juicers on this list.
Prepare yourself to put a whole lot of arm strength to extract a glass of juice. This manual juicer can fit your drawers and cabinets, or you can even carry it along wherever you go.
This is probably the most old-fashioned yet effective way of making orange juice. A dual-gear mechanism is there to help you save a bit of time and effort. The mechanism provides greater pressing power for juice extraction.
The outer body of the juice is made of nylon, while the interior is all stainless-steel. It works great with all citrus fruits like lemon, small grapefruit, and limes.
Since it does not have a lot of complicated parts, it’s easy to clean. You can even pop this extractor in the top rack of your dishwasher. You may find a few seeds in your juice because this squeezer isn’t very good with them. The exterior is not resistant to basic wears and tears.
- You can store it even in small drawers.
- It features a dual-gear mechanism.
- The design is simple and easy-to-use.
- It is dishwasher safe.
- Nylon construction is not enduring.
- It cannot separate the seeds.
- It requires greater strength.
- The juicer is not ideal for large quantities.
This fantastic manual juicer deserves a special mention. You can control the juicer better with the ergonomic rubberized handle. The juicer works with 2,300 psi – and that’s perfect for home and commercial use.
If you receive a lot of guests or you have a family, this is your best shot. This juicer can extract the most juice out of grapefruits, oranges, lemons, and limes.
The manufacturer has used 18/18 stainless steel and cast iron. The longer and durable handle is another leverage that you’re going to receive.
The detachable cone and funnel are simple to clean. This juicer also has a pulp control section. This juicer has a large capacity mug that can collect more than 1 l of juice at a time.
You should note that the screw attachments are made of low quality alloy. This juicer can also face potential oil build up. This oil build-up can further restrict this juicer from delivering the expected performance. A heavier version of this juicer would’ve added much more stability to the juicer.
- It has rubberized handles
- The suction base is excellent.
- Ideal for both professionals and household needs
- It can make large batches of juice at a go.
- The structure is durable and can withstand basic damages.
- The machine is light-weight and hence unstable.
- The crews are made of low-quality materials.
- It can quickly have oil-buildup.
The Juiceman does a great job of extracting a glass of orange juice. This one will go beyond your exceptions. The Juiceman is capable enough to extract juice from fruits and veggies hardened than orange. It can squeeze through pineapples and ginger too, but that’s not why we’re here.
You can drop a whole orange through the 3-inch wide feeding point. The feeding point can take big chunks of fruits, and thus it saves time. The Juiceman is integrated with a container to store the leftover pulp. This orange juicer saves you time and effort, and you don’t have to clean it again and again.
It can process a huge amount of orange juice at a single time. You have two juicer cones to combine fruits of all sizes, be it big or small.
This juicer allows you to perform a hurdle-free juicing operation. The juice jar is another key feature of this juicer; it’s spill-free and big. Juiceman outshines other juicers with its modern design and top-class features.
- It has 800-watts of power.
- The feeding chute is big enough for large fruits.
- The juicer can process large quantities.
- It has an extra-large pulp container.
- The juicer is integrated with speed control.
- The juicer gets dirty when making small quantities.
- The product is extremely light-weight
Fresh and rejuvenating fruit juices are always considered to be on top priority for better health. The benefits are doubled if it is a citrus fruit enriched in Vitamin C which boosts immunity. If you read the whole article like a true juicer, you can also have a look at our best pomegranate juicer reviews right here at JarKitchen!
This is why orange juice is a great way to start your day. To make the perfect glass, you need to have the perfect juicer in your kitchen.
It’s normal to feel perplexed while choosing a perfect orange juicer for your home or professional kitchen. Before you hit the stores, make sure that you check out this buying guide and all the products.
There are several factors that you need to analyze before you make a choice. Hopefully, this list of considerations will give you a fair idea of your orange juicer’s important features. The above-mentioned is the detailed review of the top 10 orange juicers based on budget, value, and utility.
Don’t take too much time; buy an orange juicer soon and get juicing.
This is Berk from the JarKitchen Team. I am a Mechatronics Engineer and I like cooking in my spare time. By bringing my engineering background into the business, product reviews are a specialty for me. During my travels across Europe, I have learned/tested many recipes and now I plan to bring them to you here!